Wednesday, January 18, 2006

not so anonymous

I logged into friendster the other day -- the first time in a while. Friendster now has a feature called "who's viewed your profile." I was surprised to find that 11 people had viewed my profile since the beginning of the month. When I checked to see who these people were, I saw that the ex, who I haven't heard from nor spoken to in 2 years, has been viewing my profile. I didn't really know how to react to this. I was curious about what the ex was up to -- his sister, who I still keep in touch with, if anything we are closer since the breakup, has given me some updates. He is still living a happy life in SF, and I am happy for him. I then realized that the ex is really bad at cyber stalking. I didn't click on his profile until I turned on the "view profiles anonymously" function. No real information there, although I did view some of his friends' profiles (anonymously, of course) and the ones that rubbed me the wrong way are just as irritating electronically as they were in real life.

3 comments:

Evil said...

Why did you italicize "happy" in... "He is still living a happy life in SF." Is that special code for something?

BTW, Evil Twin #2, will you view my profile in Friendster? No one views my profile. It makes me sad. Weepy. Ice cream eaty.

evil twin #2 said...

I think we all know what being happy in San Francisco means. . .

Anonymous said...

IMO, I think you need to offer the ex some stalking tips. You are WAY better at it than anyone else I know. =)