Monday, January 08, 2007

Life sans babies

I am back in Boston living the life of free wheeling single gal once again. A life that translate into: go to school, internet surf, check e-mail, do a little work, day dream, curse self because experiments suck, come home, eat dinner, watch tv, and then go to school. Wahoo! However, lucky for me I have friends that rescue me on the weekends.

Because I had been exposed to a new flora of bacteria when in California, I got sick and took it pretty easy last week. No stories, of craziness. I did go out to the movies with A and G.

Boston has opened a new Institute of Contemporary Art on its waterfront. It has a beautiful view of the Harbor, which can beautiful if you do not pay too close attention to how nasty the water is. It is a perfect place to go for a day for the ultra-hip, the ultra-educated, and of course the elderly, they are staples at any museum.


A and G had planned a trip out to the Boston ICA to watch this year's hot movie: Pan's Labyrinth. I went with having heard much about it on the ultra-hip and ultra-educated National Public Radio. It was the "it" movie, having earned all kinds of international film accolades.
The auditorium was full. Lots of black leather coats hung off the back of chairs. Gay men held hands. Women in dreadlocks with their boyfriends in plastic rimmed glasses and ironic slogan t-shirts. The movie was introduced by a woman supporting a heavy accent and the inability to use a microphone. She made up for it in enthusiasm.
The first image of the movie is a disturbing and perhaps sets the tone for the whole movie. A young girl in blue cast light, lies on a stone blood pouring from her nose in reverse. The movie lies somewhere between horror, fantasy, and action. Without giving too much away, the most salient feature of the movie is a monster that has its eyes in its hands. I had a nightmare about it last night. I think I will have a nightmare about it again tonight.
It's good to be back.

5 comments:

And said...

oh man! I had nightmares too! awful ones about dead people in doorways and hands trying to get in. blah. and then last night I had a nightmare about work, which was probably worse.

stephanie said...

Gee. I'm glad I didn't see this. After watching "Video Dead" at a sleepover in 5th grade, I've never been a fan of scary movies.

By the way...what ever happened to et#2? I've been waiting to hear her side of the marathon story for quite some time now.

evil twin #2 said...

I'm drowning in paper at work, but am slowly but surely catching up. I hope to post about the marathon soon!

stephanie said...

Good to hear. I heard that Evil told you that one of your new year's resolutions should be to post more!

Evil said...

i also told her that one of her new years resolutions should be to like evil more.